These are some choice picks from what I’ve been reading for the past few weeks.
I hope to publish these link round-ups weekly, but for this first one I have a backlog of saved links, so this one has more links then will be usual.
- Ong’s Hat: The Early Internet Conspiracy Game That Got Too Real
If you’re into reading about weirdo conspiracy theories, inter dimensional travel, and/or New Jersey, this is a must.
- Privacy vs “I have nothing to hide” - Kev Quirk
Puts the importance of privacy in plain, effecting language.
- CERN 2019 WorldWideWeb Rebuild
Very cool recreation of the first web browser, written for NeXT.
- Prof. Dr. Style
A fun look at the very early web design, and how bullet-proof it is still.
- Was the Godfather of Soul murdered?
Completely gripping, totally chilling. I was captivated.
- The Transitive Nightfall of Fatty Egg Rolls
I’m strangely enthralled by this tale of bygone Deadhead egg rolls, from a bygone website.
- A brief history of wi-fi privacy vulnerabilities | Robert Heaton
A fascinating look at one of the underpinnings of modern life.
There it is, and here we are. Go forth.